Graphic Designer - SomaBrand: Soma Intimates
Category: Graphic Design
This position is responsible for the design and execution of engaging collateral and content that tells a brand and product story that elicits an emotional response from our current and future customers. This position will develop thought-out and strategic creative solutions to meet all project and marketing objectives. This position will support brand creative integrity through all Omni channels.
- Supports the creative process from concept to completion for assigned seasonal campaign. Works closely with Creative leader to develop concepts and design layouts that adhere to established brand standards.
- Develop graphics and layouts for all marketing channels and collateral.
- May produce and optimize final digital artwork.
- May create digital templates.
- Partners with copy team to ensure copy and art are aligned to deliver product and brand stories.
- Ensures brands individuality and standards in all marketing channels.
- Adheres to the production schedule, PLC timelines and deliverables
- Works collaboratively with cross functional partners to ensure that all design solutions meet deadlines, objectives and budget parameters.
- Collaborates with Creative Team on presentations.
- Stays current on fashion, style, design, popular culture and social trends in the competitive landscape.
- Consistently researches, identifies and shares current industry design trends as they relate to the brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in a Graphic or Fine Arts field
- 3+ years' experience in graphic design
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of print and digital design and production skills
- Demonstrated talent in photo editing, cropping and composition
- Strong and sophisticated typography
- Proven graphic and interactive design proficiency; with strong portfolio to support
- Understands the best practices relating to responsive design, front end web development; including HTML. CSS, Java Script, Flash and Bootstrap
- Motion graphics and video editing a plus
- Knowledge of web image optimization best practices preferred
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- An ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Experience in working within established budgets and tight deadlines
- Positive team player with ability to collaborate with multi levels
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.