Graphic Designer (Soma)
Job Ref#: 8473
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This role will be asked to be highly creative and hands on leading the design of graphics, in-store windows, signage,
packaging and other brand marketing needs. This role will focus on retail print pieces and brand packaging assets.
Candidate should be an outside the box thinker, with a vibrant spirit, self-starter and not be afraid to share and voice
- Provides a unique point of view for Soma’s in store presentationthrough dynamic design options for retail space
- Produces smart, easy-to-shoplayouts;focusing on story-telling and visually stunning communication
- Self projectmanager,self-started and pro-active problem solver
- Partners closely with visual merchandising team and merchant partners to understand seasonal product flows, store expectations and supports coordinating pre-walk and formal review schedules
- Requires swift, fast execution - translating complicated offers with fragmented information or last-minute changes.
- Equally design oriented as it is production and requires extreme creativity and demanding merchant requests.
- Develops cohesive design systems connecting printed pieces, in store signage and digital assets for our seasonal and promotional campaigns
- Creates new and existing design in the store environment including signs, window clings, retail graphics and other fixture graphics
- Oversees Production Artist updating and releasing projects
- Flexible and nimble when it comes to managing changes, layout rework within the design process
- Works collaboratively with team members with a friendly and flexible attitude
- Contributes design ideas proactively and does not wait for an answer: Proactive attitude that presents design solutions
- Ability to lead and produce brand packaging specific to retail and ecommerce needs
- Partners closely with in house production and outside vendors on packaging
- Collaborates with digital designers when needed to ensure a consistent omnichannel brand experience for our customer
- Close attention to detail
- Great eye for design
- Great eye for photography and be able to provide clear and concise direction for shoots.
- Passion and speed
- Print production knowledge
- Solid typography skills
- Able to work hard, with little oversight and reach your goals quickly
- Possess a quality driven outlook able to pivot based on project requirements and changes in scope
- Consistently deliver excellence in the creative design process
- Capable of responding to Creative Director and Senior Leadership requests fluidly
- Ability to internalize Soma’s style guide standards
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to adapt
- Ability to problem solve design problems and provide options that work
- Responsible for assigning tasks, overseeing and coaching on creative process, and ensuring on-time delivery of projects
- Willpartner withSr. Art Director andmarketing services team to oversee retouching for all channels
- Partners with copy team to ensure copy and art are aligned to deliver product and brand stories
- Supports the creative process from concept to completion for assigned seasonal campaign.
- Works closely with Creative leader to develop concepts and design layouts that adhere to established brand standards.
- Develops complex graphics and layouts for all marketing channels and collateral.
- May produce and optimize final digitaland printartwork.
- Adheres to the production schedule, PLC timelines and deliverables
- Collaborates with Creative Team on presentations.
- Works collaboratively with cross functional partners to ensure that all design solutions meet deadlines, objectives and budget parameters.
- Stays current on fashion, style, design, popular culture and social trends in the competitive landscape.
- Consistently researches, identifies and shares current industry design trends as they relate to the brand.
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.