General Sales Manager: Soma Stores - King of PrussiaBrand: Soma Intimates
Category: Field Management
The General Store Manager is responsible for managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resources functions of one or more stores to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability.
- Directs and supervises associates engaged in sales, inventory receipt, reconciling cash receipts, and in performing services for customers. Prepares weekly schedule to ensure proper floor coverage within fiscal guidelines.
- Models and promotes The Most Amazing Personal Service to ensure associates are greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Manages associates to maintain a visually appealing store, ensuring proper housekeeping, visual merchandising, and ensuring the store is kept to the highest standard. Trains associates on visual merchandising techniques to ensure store is maintained to corporate standards at all times.
- Monitors associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledges and communicates performance to associates; motivates and trains associates to achieve full potential.
- Oversees all financial activities in accordance with policy including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling; trains and coaches staff to ensure all register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
- Oversees physical inventories, ensuring proper accounting of receipts and outflows of merchandise.
- Manages the operations of the store ensuring that the store is in working order and adequately supplied to ensure safe, efficient and profitable operations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention policies, operating procedures and controls; conducts associate training to reinforce proper controls.
- Recruits, hires, and develops store associates; prepares and conducts all performance appraisals and evaluations. Manage staff to function as cohesive team working together to achieve personal and store goals/objectives.
- Interprets Key Performance Indicator reports and delivers coaching as needed.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 or more years of retail management experience required
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales and leadership
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Established history in recruiting and retaining a quality sales and support staff
- General knowledge of apparel products (i.e., fit and fabric)
- Excellent leadership qualities, training and team building skills
- Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
- Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff, standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 30 lbs., hang / fold merchandise, climbing, reaching, and pushing / pulling
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.