Job Ref#: 9008
Brand: Distribution Center (DC)
Category: IT and Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This positionowns labor standards development, maintenance, and support of Labor Management program for two DCs. Supports DC process design and process change. Works closely with all levels of operations leaders to lead compliance to the LM program and assist with process improvements using lean methodology. This role serves as first point of contact for all LM related questions and troubleshooting. Will have close relationship with the DC leader(s) regarding all labor management and DC process topics. This position will conduct ad-hoc analysis of LM results and process compliance observations to support best-in-class LM program utilization. Will regularly interface with IT, Operations, Learning & Development, and Operations Excellence partners to drive process adherence and usage of the LM program. This role will maintain strong cross DC partnerships to ensure consistency across DC Network.
- Supports the efficient growth of the distribution network by owning Labor Management and DC processes DC(s).
- Is expert in process engineering and labor management.
- Owns all LM standard creation and maintenance along with full integrity of the LM program for the DC(s).
- Partners with operations leaders to establish operational work standards and to identify implement operational improvement opportunities.
- Resolves problems and provides guidance to members of operations leadership teams.
- Leads cross-functional project teams formed to implement change and drive continuous improvement, including analysis of key business problems and development of effective solutions.
- Uses appropriate problem-solving tools to provide rapid improvement with sustainable results.
- Assists in evaluation and design of distribution center operational processes, layout, material handling and other systems, and analysis and reporting, including estimates of returns on invested capital and development of business cases for approval.
- Supports other DC LM deployments and maintenance as necessary.
- Validates progress and completion milestones
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in high volume distribution preferred
- Time & Motion, MTM, MSD or MOST experience preferred
- Experience in developing, designing and/or implementing Labor Management Systems (LMS) across multiple distribution centers is a plus
- Must be highly organized, and be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Experience with work measurement methodologies and tools with an emphasis on time study expertise
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with productivity tracking and data collection systems
- Possess a high degree of financial and analytical skills
- Excel at working and leading in a team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and written at all levels of management
- Proficient with all aspects of Operations Management, techniques and principles
- Experience in applying and teaching Lean or other Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Proven track record of successful change management and accomplishments implementing productivity and cost reduction programs
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Possess strong computer skills
- Uses appropriate problem-solving tools to provide rapid improvement with sustainable results
- Able to apply Lean methods for structured problem solving
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.