District Sales Manager - Soma - Chicago, ILBrand: Soma Intimates
Category: Field Management
The District Sales Manager is primarily responsible for driving sales and increasing profitability in the assigned district. Manages the Store Leadership teams; coaches and builds a highly committed and performing team that will work to achieve results through an excellent customer experience while achieving operational excellence and growing services.
- Provides direction and sets priorities for Store Managers; monitors progress in achieving company initiatives, priorities and objectives during store visits. Identifies and communicate sales tactics and strategic direction; acts upon best practices and effectively implements and executes sales strategy throughout the district
- Ensures that all stores effectively execute the brand's service principles and standards; researches and resolves customer concerns promptly; shares best practices with other stores in the district.
- Reviews store financial components, analyzing Key Performance Indicators (sales, traffic, etc.) for trends, opportunities, and deficiencies and coaches as appropriate. Determines the optimum use of payroll and resources to maximize store contribution and financial results.
- Stays abreast of market trends and competitor practices; communicates related opportunities and challenges to the Regional Sales Manager and Executive Management.
- Serves as effective communication liaison between district and the Regional Sales Manager; builds an effective network within the brand, across all brands, and in the market
- Coaches Store Managers on standards for effective execution of workload planning, scheduling, and all operational standards. Instructs managers on visual merchandising techniques specific to the company and the industry
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals and evaluations for Store Managers; recognizes performance gaps and coaches Store Manager to take appropriate action
- Ensures compliance in key operating issues (audits, loss prevention, policy, procedures); trains Store Managers on methods to ensure compliance, improve productivity and reduce shrink
- Forecasts talent needs in the district; pro-actively recruits and coaches based on talent needs
- Bachelor's degree in Business, a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of multi-unit retail management experience
- Ability to work weekends when required by business needs
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- College degree preferred
- Proven track record of increasing sales and store profitability
- Solid evidence of community outreach and involvement. Understands the value in supporting the community
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and deliver high level written and verbal responses. Demonstrates a high level of administrative competence. Excels in simplifying systems and reducing paperwork
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.