Director Digital Commerce and MarketingBrand: Soma Intimates
This position is responsible for the development and execution of online marketing strategies, promotional plans, campaigns, creative development process and site analysis across all performance metrics as well as all sales initiatives that drive new and existing customers to both stores and online utilizing digital channels including email, social, paid search, retargeting, display and affiliate programs. This position will partner with cross functional teams to ensure marketing efforts align with overall business strategies/financial objectives and they work closely with external partners to maximize Return on investment (ROI).
- This role, in collaboration with Marketing Leadership, is accountable for designing and implementing the Marketing strategies and plans for the brand to continually optimize and enhance the Brand's promotional programs.
- Partners with Marketing Leadership for the strategic oversight of the online marketing roadmap including vendor selection, systems recommendations, management and testing.
- Defines strategies and tactics by paid digital marketing channel including email, social, affiliates, re-targeting, display and paid search marketing.
- Defines and leads the E-Commerce roadmap through strategic thinking and collaboration by translating overall business strategy and customer goals into actionable work plans.
- Develops and manages all Customer Relationship Marketing touch points including email marketing, retention strategies, and new customer acquisition initiatives.
- Analyzes Customer, Industry and market trends to establish long term digital marketing strategies, priorities and goals.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of current and emerging trends in digital marketing, mobile marketing, technology and ecommerce.
- Supports new marketing campaigns and programs that reinforce our value proposition across the customer life cycle to reduce customer churn, increases loyalty and improve the customer experience.
- Responsible for top and bottom line growth of Acquisition and Retention programs to achieve sales, ROI and total contribution goals.
- Partners with Marketing & Merchant disciplines on key sales and brand priorities to ensure cross departmental coordination do develop, implement and monitor new campaigns.
- Directs online marketing campaigns across the multiple platforms including the website, search engines and media publishers to ensure acquisition and conversion goals are met.
- Ensures continual optimization of each channel to drive higher quality and quantity of traffic to both the on-line and stores.
- Directs the email marketing program including all promotional, trigger-based, targeted segment campaigns and service/post transaction email. Develops email KPIs and quarterly plans that ensure highly effective emails and flawless execution, assess and implement industry best practices.
- Drives testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on Channel performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements in order to achieve maximum ROI in each channel.
- Oversees site experience to provide a dynamic digital experience across devices with features and functionality that provide an inspiring, user friendly experience to customers.
- Leads the Digital Marketing team in the digital strategy influenced and guided by the overall Marketing and Merchandising strategies.
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and short-term business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of progressive leadership experience in marketing, with specific experience in consumer-driven brand marketing and strong understanding of digital marketing
- Must possess and show evidence of experience in the following skills: presentation skills, including effectively presenting to diverse groups; above average writing and editing capabilities
- Solid understanding of retail, ecommerce, and brand management
- Experience building a category and/or brand preferred
- 5+ years experience leading, coaching and developing teams preferred
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to have a significant impact on business success
- Proven track record of marketing growth success
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.