Director, Corporate CommunicationsBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Marketing
This position is primarily responsible for leading the strategic implementation and oversight of key external and internal communications initiatives. This position will ensure that associates understand business objectives, specific business initiatives, and the Company's missions, vision and values. This position will build and maintain close, collaborative relationships across all aspects of communications activity to ensure alignment and integration of messages.
- Leads, crafts, and executes strategic, integrated external and internal communications plans for the company. Plays a key role in setting and achieving strategies and objectives for companywide communications.
- Manages corporate brand and cultural identity across multiple communications channels and audiences while ensuring cohesive messaging and position for the company.
- Maintains company standards, including company mission, values, and provides branding/identity leadership for other corporate initiatives as required.
- Implements strategy for conferences and executive speaking engagements and manages Executive HR and FAS communications and announcements
- Manages corporate storytelling and website content and functionality.
- Manages company reputation with multiple audiences; this includes company communications and oversight of social and media crisis situations.
- Leads strategic planning and execution of internal employee communications that will strengthen the company culture and increase employee engagement at all functional levels. This includes the company intranet, quarterly or monthly all-employee meetings, and communications programs to support key organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- Supports investor relations in script writing, messaging for financial community and business media/press
- Determines the strategic value of communications vehicles and optimize their usage to ensure effective and consistent messages throughout and outside the company.
- Constructs articles, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Develops and implements appropriate metrics to evaluate the success and impact of internal and external communications activities.
- Serves as a company spokesperson in public-facing communications with business press and media.
- Bachelor's degree required in Communication; Masters preferred
- 8+ years of strategic communications and/or corporate positioning experience.
- The candidate must have a strong background in both internal and external communications preferably in a retail and or consumer products industry
- Proven ability to develop and execute results-driven internal communications strategies that are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Ability to create and implement communications programs in a rapid growth environment. Dedication to quality and innovative thinking.
- Outstanding people management skills with a proven ability to help employees develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Experienced leader with strong initiative and ability to handle multiple projects/roles in an evolving environment. Superb organizational skills and demonstrated program development/execution.
- Ability and affinity for working in a matrix environment with few formal processes/procedures. Ability to influence others.
- Excellent writer and editor; solid presentation skills.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.