Senior UI/UX Designer - Remote
Job Ref#: 7915
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: IT and Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Virtual, Work at home
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for creating user interfaces for our web sites and customer-facing digital experiences, including the execution of any associated research and usability testing.
- Conceives and presents multiple UI/UX design solutions within an iterative design process.
- UI/UX design and architecture for our mobile apps and web platform
- Rapid prototyping, high and/or low-fidelity designs, user research, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from stakeholders and users
- Optimize existing UI designs for best-in-class digital products
- Maintain and improve current Design System
- Collaborate, receive feedback, and work closely with the design team, and stakeholders to seek approval of design solutions regularly.
- Conducts usability tests
- Produces any necessary UX documentation including information architectures, taxonomies, wireframes and interaction models, workflows, and functional notation.
- Identifies Use Cases & Design Cases that effectively reflect requirements & user goals.
- Performs competitive/data driven assessments and/or conduct industry research on related design needs.
- Designs features, functionality and specific interactions based on analysis of business goals and user needs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on the design processes, ideas, and solutions to the development teams, business stakeholders, and product management teams.
- Performs visual QA prior to project launches.
- Ensures consistency and best-practice design within and across digital properties for all brands by complying to style guidelines and reusing common design elements and functional mechanics.
- Promotes and follows internal design & business processes.
- Provides reasonable assessments and assist with issue tracking.
- Drives effective completion of all project deliverables on or before deadline.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with emphasis on interactive design, graphic design or communications preferred
- A minimum of3years’experience in UI designing using best practices and a deep understanding ofweb design,mobile-first and responsive design.
- Strong emphasis on user experience and usability
- Strongdesign portfolio
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design (UCD) and design UX solutions to reduce maintenance costs and improve end-user's productivity.
- Hands-on experience in planning and conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, and identifying accessibility concerns.
- Mastery of UX best practices, color, typography, layout, and content design
- History of success working with large groups and multiple disciplines including technology, marketing, and creative. History working with Merchandising groups a plus.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on organization, logic, and analysis
- Expertise in prototyping tools such as Sketch,InVision, and similar
- Appreciation and consideration of technical requirements and constraints
- Ability to develop prototypes a major plus
- Fashion experience a major plus
- Prior experience in developing a UX/UI framework for mid to large size organizations is a plus.
Pay range is commensurate with relevant skills, industry experience and track record of success, among other factors as applicable for the position.
Associates may be eligible for incentive compensation based on a variety of factors including achievement of department/brand/corporate performance metrics and/or other variables as applicable for the position.Chico’s FAS, Inc. reserves the right to amend incentivecompensation at any time at its discretion.
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.