Digital Commerce Product ManagerBrand: Chico's
The position is responsible for the online product vision for specific functions (Search, Product/Look Detail Page, Browse/Navigation, Checkout) for 4 websites/brands supporting over $500m+ of yearly sales. Position will collaborate closely with stakeholders to identify, define, and design solutions to improve the customer experience and partner with the Digital Technology teams to translate vision into solutions which will drive business results. This role is responsible for translating customer needs to the digital feature development based on a deep understanding of a customer's needs. Work cross-functionally and with senior leadership to ensure efficient and effective execution of strategy and roadmap.
- Lead online product vision for functional areas (Search, Browse/Nav, Checkout, Content/Services)
- Establish and drive the product strategy and vision for specific eCommerce site focus areas across 4 websites/brands.
- Lead the day-to-day management and optimization of Ecommerce products and services (i.e., capabilities, features and functions) which support the customer's overall web experience for all brands.
- Define and manage the product roadmap and partner with IT for release plan for those focus areas and manage expectations with all relevant stakeholders, including the senior leadership team.
- Accountable for the continued development of business Ecommerce properties and related mobile and multi-channel experiences to maximize revenue, profits and our customers' experience.
- Proactively identify gaps in the current eCommerce product offering and lead the effort to develop solutions that drive business value.
- Generate new product ideas, research/ analyze their feasibility and business impact, and then lead the implementation of those ideas
- Conduct user research and usability studies to understand how customers are interacting with the product and develop enhancements based on the results/ analysis
- Work closely with ecommerce operational teams to develop and enhance workflow processes and maximize the potential of existing product capabilities.
- Manage new product development and feature roadmap from planning to implementation by collaborating with cross-functional teams, including IT, Marketing, eCommerce, Customer Service, CX, Merchandising, Analytics/Testing and Legal.
- Collaborate with CX/UX team on wireframes and UI designs that support the product requirements.
- Ensure a healthy level of consistency for the team in terms of direction and prioritization by ensuring the backlog is groomed and prioritized according to the overall strategy and product roadmap
- Synthesize product requirements from a variety of internal and external resources, including eCommerce team, design, engineering, qa, legal and other cross-functional teams.
- Convey product requirements by creating effective user stories, functional requirements, wireframes and/or mockups.
- Coordinate with IT and QA leads to ensure features are being built according to spec.
- Lead a cross-functional team accountable for driving the brands' digital channel and improving overall site satisfaction ratings.
- Improve organic lead growth across website and digital channels.
- Tirelessly brainstorm and drive ideas through A/B testing lifecycle. Evangelize and practice the test and learn philosophy to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive and data driven analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
- Partner with brands, user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams to optimize conversion and overall web revenue.
- Define metrics, report progress and create presentations for executive management.
Requirements & Education
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience of increasing online conversion in retail, and/or B2C industry
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and competitive landscape
- Experience in all phases of the web development life cycle, with familiarity with the Agile methodology.
- Deep understanding of online marketing principles, including but not limited to: conversion optimization, cross- and upsell, audience segmentation, A/B testing, merchandising, web analytics etc.
- Proficiency in user experience and design principles.
- Proven track record of successful web application implementation and project management. Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Advanced proficiency in standard office software, knowledge of JIRA, Personalization/testing vendors, Website analytics software
- Familiarity with SEO Strategies a plus
- Excellent engaging and timely communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate just as effectively with senior VPs as with developers.
- Skilled in transferring high-level requests from business leadership into detailed requirements for the development team.
- The role requires creativity, analysis, and flexibility, working in a fast-paced, changing environment aiming for record-setting results.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.