Designer, Store FranchiseBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Real Estate
This position is responsible for designing and managing brand specific store and shop-in-shop layouts for each site from inception to completion. The designer will partner with franchise managers to originate and develop store fixtures for all brands. Coordinates with Store Design to implement current or new design concepts as required.
- Establishes project and all project related information through our system of record Accruent.
- Designs store layouts and schemes based on project requirements, ensures that all local safety egress, signage, energy requirements, as well as, code issues relative to the design concept have been contemplated.
- Provides guidance and expertise to outside architect firms regarding space lay-out , color, finish, and fixture expectations to maintain brand standards.
- As required, develops internally created space layouts, ensuing maximum use of space and adherence to current store concepts including lighting layouts, backroom configuration, and manipulation of store fronts.
- Adapts existing design guidelines as required to maintain a "brand specific" look. Ensures that colors & finishes projects are within brand standards & expectations.
- Approves and modifies architect's suggested space layouts ensuring that design documents are consistent with company design and meet architectural and quality standards.
- Partners with Store Planning Team and Visual Merchants to ensure fixture plans as defined meet current standards.
- Negotiates with Franchisee on brand issues and signage.
- Makes presentations to internal partners as required and produces material take-offs for each site.
- Develops and presents storefront renderings, presentation drawings, material and finish boards to send to Franchise partners as needed.
- Partners with Sr. Director of Store Design and Construction for new projects such as fixture development, new materials and finishes, value engineering and any other special design project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Industrial Design or equivalent working experience.
- 4+ years related experience working experience; retail experience preferred.
- Architectural drafting skills and demonstrated space planning skills required. Model building skills preferred.
- Strong AutoCAD, Photoshop and Illustrated skills preferred.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.
- Portfolio required.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.