CopywriterBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
This position is responsible for maintaining the brand voice and supporting the marketing objectives of the brand by writing and following through with creative concepts that elicit an emotional response from our current and future customers. This position will help lead the marketing objectives of the brand by writing seasonally-relevant storytelling that effectively communicates the brand strategy through all channels.
- Writes original and inventive brand-right copy for all channels
- Contributes to the development of editorial storytelling for seasonal concepts.
- Partners with Copy leader to ensure copy is on-brand, compelling and consistent.
- Partners cross functional leaders and teams on concept and design on all consumer touch points.
- Maintains brand style guides.
- May partner with the visual team to ensure alignment on messaging and creative concepts in the stores; writes clever store signage, banners, marquees and point-of-purchase messages.
- Proofreads all copy according to the highest grammatical standards.
- Adheres to demands of production schedule. Is aware of release schedule and devotes time necessary to meet deadlines.
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in Journalism, English, Communication, or Liberal Arts.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience; preferably in fashion retail
- Portfolio of highly creative work.
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to content management systems.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of digital platforms
- Keen eye for good design and a thorough understanding of copy/art spatial relationship.
- Must understand the retail environment in an Omni-channel setting and have the ability to provide timely, creative solutions when needed.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- Understanding of fashion, fit, fabrication and trends.
- Positive team player.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.