CopywriterBrand: White House Black Market
This position will play an instrumental role in developing and articulating the brand voice. This position will elevate the brand voice to a sophisticated, witty tone that connects with the customer through emotional, warm, genuine, and friendly copy. This role is in integral in developing the seasonal brand campaign for DCOMM, retail and direct mail.
- Develop concepts that align with brand strategy.
- Partners with Art Directors, Creative Director and cross functional teams on concept and design on all consumer touch points.
- Present creative concepts with the Creative Director to cross functional teams to ensure communication of the brand strategy and execution of the concept.
- Knowledge of copy development, including overall organization, direct fact checking, appropriate referring, fair balance and other regulatory requirements in partnership with Legal.
- Demonstrate and understanding of best practices for all digital platforms.
- Adhere to demands of production schedule. Be aware of release schedule and devote time necessary to meet deadlines.
- Partners with the visual team to ensure alignment on messaging and creative concepts in the retail stores.
- Proofread all copy according to the highest grammatical standards.
- Manage direct report to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication, English, Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience preferred; strong portfolio
- Strong understanding of fashion, fit, fabrication and trends
- Excellent writing skills with an outstanding portfolio dedicated to concise communication and inspiring creative approaches
- Keen eye for good design
- Must understand the retail environment and have the ability to provide creative solutions from copy to design
- Highly organized team player
- Deadline oriented
- Proficient in Word (Mac), Excel (Mac)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.