CAD Artist, Conceptual (Soma)
Job Ref#: 7976
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Product Development
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for collaborating with cross functional design leaders to create original print designs, alter purchased artwork and create colorways that define the initial big picture and print ideation for future monthly vision. Creates connected layouts that support seasonal and monthly message and formulates colorways with a focus on road map prints and key print messages to establish a color flow that compliments monthly floor sets. Stays abreast of all seasonal print trends.
- Creates front end conceptual prints with the understanding of clearly defining print messaging and color flow.
- Merchandises prints by theme and colorways and presents art direction to CAD, Trend and Design teams.
- Develops and adapts print layouts and colorway options with a focus on maintaining visual consistency and brand identify.
- Partners with Director Trend and Trend team in upcoming trends to implement into print/patterns and how it relates to silhouettes while elevating the brand image. Inspires new ideas and concepts outside of current print assortment.
- Partners with Trend team on building initial print stories. Establishes color accents and usage charts in partnership with Color Manager to build full palettes for monthly print development and guides the CAD artist.
- Researches, compiles and executes brand right and marketable prints.
- Creates initial seasonal print line sheet with roadmap and recommended shared prints. Executes assignments while maintaining adherence to T&A calendar.
- Builds collaborative relationships with CAD, Trend and Design partners.
- Provides support to the Concept Designer when needed.
- 4+ years of experience in retail print and pattern CAD design, preferred
- Excellent taste level and color sense
- Love for creating print and pattern that defines a brand
- Complete knowledge of bulk production requirements and restrictions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly proficient Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator programs and literate in Microsoft Office.
- NedGraphics, preferred
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, creative problem solver
- Management and leadership skills
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.