Backend Engineer II - Java
Job Ref#: 7615
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: IT and Developer
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,500 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 20,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for independently designing and building various functions in a complex multiple tiered ecommerce environment. This position should collaborate effectively with peer application teams to develop solutions in a fast-paced Agile environment and be able to train the junior engineers with industry standards and best practices.
- Creates/modifies Java applications for dynamic data driven website architecture.
- Develop high quality code following industry standards and best practices.
- Performs in high pressure Agile environment with tight deadlines.
- Takes responsibility for estimating, planning, and managing all of his/her own tasks and reporting on progress.
- Develops code to specifications, based on standard development and documentation standards.
- Debugs and troubleshoots website J2EE application issues.
- Researches, evaluates new technologies/tools and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the architecture technology strategy of the organization.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant certifications and documented OJT
- 5+ years of senior level application development experience with Java, J2EE, Spring boot framework, Weblogic, JBoss, JMS, web services (REST & SOAP) and micro services
- Experience working with commerce features such as Product, Catalog, Pricing, Promotions, My Account, Shopping Cart and Checkout with extensive customization experience
- Experience working with ecommerce components using Droplets, Form Handler, Tools, Manager, Calculator, Processor, Repository API
- Skilled knowledge of integration between ecommerce platform and other 3rd party web services for product recommendations, product ratings & reviews etc
- Experience with Search tools like Endeca or Reflektion, Best indexing practices, Presentation API
- Experience with Relational databases - should be very comfortable writing SQL, defining relational schemas and analyzing data
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
- Must demonstrate strong communication and team collaboration skill
- Must be dependable, punctual, and reliable
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support
- Experience managing software deliverables using tools like Jira
- Experience working with teams in Agile methodology
- Previous retail industry experience
- Experience working with ATG, Shopify Plus, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento
- Java, and other relevant programming language for backend engineer
- Microsoft Azure DevOps, PaaS and IaaS
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL database
- Microservice – Restful and Soap API development
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.