Asst Trend ManagerBrand: White House Black Market
Category: Product Development
This is an entry level position responsible for collecting and organizing elements needed to research trends and monthly trend directions within a brand right frame. Supports the Trend team with creative, tactical, and organizational needs and assists in achieving department goals.
- Collects, organizes, and assists with the maintenance of all available sources to determine color concept, print direction, fabric and material lists, silhouettes updates, details and key volume drivers according to direction.
- Assists in compiling trend information, files, records, themes and concepts according to seasonal/monthly direction.
- Assists in creating color palettes and trend mood boards for seasonal kickoff presentations.
- Provides timely and effective communication of information/approvals to cross functional teams as directed.
- Assists in maintaining subscription and relationship with all trend resources and flags upcoming changes/events/novelty for available trend products.
- Assists in the creation of monthly and quarterly publications created by the trend team to include providing photography and page layouts.
- Updates visual database, documents and subscriptions for the department.
- Manages/assists with projects as assigned.
- Travels domestically as needed to observe how to gather and document upcoming trend directions relevant to the brand.
- 4 year College degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in women's wear market, trend research and development
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for brand and customer design
- PC proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office with emphasis on PowerPoint; Adobe Design Suite, Illustrator a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.