Assistant MerchantBrand: Chico's
This position provides overall support to the Merchant team in creating an exciting product assortment that meets or exceeds sales volume and profit for their area. Intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends, and work with Merchant to develop action plans that drive growth and increased profitability.
- Partner with Merchant on developing a competitive merchandise assortment that is customer focused
- Partner with Production and Allocation team to manage delivery flow and address issues as they arise.
- Create strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Product Development, Planning, Marketing, and Allocation and Visual
- Manage all order entry and product attributing based on approved buy plan. Will initiate P.O. revisions when applicable.
- Develop relationship with customer to ensure merchandising/products reflect what she would want to buy.
- An ability to prioritize tasks to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business
- Ensure ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment and any updates as needed
- Travel to stores to connect with our customer.
- Reads and reacts to business needs with a sense of urgency
- Perform Ad-Hoc reporting to aid in merchandising and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects on time
- Basic knowledge of retail math
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of analytics and ability to analyze data
- Microsoft- Excel proficient
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.