Associate, DeveloperBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: IT and Developer
Creates and/or modifies computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Is also responsible for designing, developing, programming and/or integrating highly interactive, multimedia websites. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Creates detailed technical specifications and writes computer programs. Participates in peer code reviews, unit testing, and end to end testing processes.
- Analyzing and reviewing of functional requirements
- Creates and identifies solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Contributes to the entire development lifecycle, writing performant, testable code and will communicate regularly with other teams involved in the development life cycle
- Must ensure that their designs are in compliance with all legal and in house code quality specifications and participate in code reviews with their peers
- Assists others on the development team in various projects, providing new code features, bug fixes, and providing documentation for new and existing code
- Provides backup to the support team to work and resolve high priority support issues
- Packages code for testing and production deployment
- Participates in timely structured code reviews with development team peers to ensure deliverables conform to established development coding standards.
- Troubleshoots and resolves production support issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Design, or equivalent degree preferred
- 3+ years' experience in applications development
- Experience with Xcode development tool.
- Exposure to the following preferred: Object Oriented Programming concepts, Objective-C development, JAVA, XML, JSON, HTML5
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with software development processes (SDLC, Agile, etc).
- User Interface (UI) design experience a plus
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and react to situations as they arise in the appropriate manner.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and reliable.
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.