Associate Web DeveloperBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Creates and/or modifies computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Is also responsible for designing, developing, programming and/or integrating highly interactive, multimedia websites. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Creates detailed technical specifications and writes computer programs. Participates in peer code reviews, unit testing, and end to end testing processes.
- Maintaining and improving website/site assets
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to QA
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Develop code to specifications, based on standard development and documentation standards
- Track and resolve functional defects of varying sizes and severity of non-core functionality
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Participate in daily team scrum meetings
- Perform and write clear and concise testing instructions
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience/certifications and documented OJT
- 2-3 years of experience building front-end applications and websites in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze and review functional specifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and responsive/adaptive design principles
- Familiarity with project tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and the ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of image optimization techniques and when to use different types of images.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of the Oracle ATG suite, including the Business Control Center.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of ADA principles and techniques.
- Proficient use of optimization and debugging tools.
- Chrome Dev Tools: Inspect Element, Elements Tab, Style/Box Model debugging, Console, etc.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.