Associate - Raw Materials/R&D
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for supporting the research and development of raw materials for assigned area. Works closely with leaders to drive daily communications with cross functional partners to support the execution of the development process.
- Organizes and maintains quality raw materials categories in library of respective area as outlined by policies.
- Builds and updates raw materials library database.
- Maintains various research and development binders in respective areas.
- Supports the raw materials development process and calendar in partnership with cross functional team members (CFTs).
- Performs maintenance of the development Time & Action (T&A) calendar, raw materials data base and reporting.
- Partners with cross functional teams (CFTs) to develop and maintain working relationships with raw materials suppliers globally.
- Assists with the Research & development of gathering raw material assortments according to design direction.
- Supports the management of on-boarding new raw materials suppliers and appropriate record keeping.
- Maintains regular communication/touch bases with leaders to review issues, challenges, and directives.
- Researches and stays abreast of aesthetic raw material trends and technological developments. Supports team in the analysis and evaluation of brand-right materials.
- Assists in building seasonal concept boards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required; preferably in Fashion Design or related Textiles field
- 3+ years in raw material research and development or related field
- Detail oriented and ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Advanced understanding of general raw material process
- Solid raw material construction knowledge
- Clear understanding of raw material manufacturing techniques
- Strong awareness of raw material trend direction, and research & development avenues
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office suite; emphasis in Excel and web based applications
- FlexPLM experience strongly desired
- Advanced Adobe skills
From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, Chico's has corporate job opportunities in Fort Myers, FL for talented professionals to join our team of retail associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Fabric Jobs in Corporate at Chico's can include:
Manager - Raw Materials - Team members in this fabric job are responsible for driving the research, gathering, and development of a fabric group or trim area. Partners with cross-functional teams and external vendor/mill partners in the development of high-quality, brand-right fabrics.
With hundreds of boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. Apply online today for Fabric jobs at Chico's.