Associate Merchant (Soma - Foundations)
Job Ref#: 8181
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
To support the Merchant through a variety of daily tasks including order writing, business analysis, presentations, buy meetings and vendor meetings.
- Buy a separate area with minimal supervision; manage this business through on time order writing, item analysis and cancellations when necessary, maintain weekly key item sheets for all items and update with projections through season end
- Determine markdown cadence and styles in partnership with Merchant and planner.Enter and verify all markdowns.
- Manage OTB for assigned area in partnership with Merchant and Planner.Review sales, margin, markdowns, and inventory
- Shop the market and analyze the competition monthly.Have a strong understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Attend core set meetings and participate in floor sets as needed.
- Pull samples and produce reports to present the following: Best Sellers, Hindsight, weekly executive meeting and Mailer review.
- Attend all concept, edit and buy sessions.Recommend assortments in partnership with Merchant and planner.Write orders and follow up with product managers as needed.
- Attend monthly allocation meetings and advise on delivery issues and store inventory needs.
- Partner with Merchant to help train Assistant Merchant
- Attend weekly T and A meetings and update Merchant and VP Merchandising on hot items.
- Manage store communications process.
- Partner with planning to maximize sales and margin opportunities.
- Drive mailer assortment in partnership with Merchant.Recap results.
- Have a working knowledge of Class Plans and Key Item Projections.Work with Merchant and VP Merchandising on line/assortment plans.
- Coordinate training, signage, contests and other initiatives with Merchant team and Store Support.
- Partner with DTC team to drive brand sales. Communicate department strategies, opportunities, and product information.
- BA/BS in related field from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience in product or merchandising. Preferred experience with apparel retailer
- Excellent computer and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi task and complete projects on time
- Effective presentation skills
- Broad based business acumen with potential to grow to Merchant level
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.