Associate MerchantBrand: White House Black Market
This position will support the Merchant Team through a variety of daily tasks including order writing, business analysis, presentations, product review and vendor meetings. The Associate Merchant will proactively develop strategic merchandising action plans for a specific department while working with the Merchant/DMM to drive sales and increased profitability for assigned product area.
- Partner with Merchant/DMM and cross functional team to build, assort, and plan the line for designated categories
- Travel to stores to connect with our customer.
- Participate with peers and leadership in research and discussion regarding competitive and aspirational landscape as well as applicable trends.
- In partnership with Merchant/DMM own business for all merchandise, sales, inventory and margin.
- Assists in order processing and sample management
- Attend Product reviews when necessary and follow up with product managers or CAD studio as needed
- Partner with Merchant to initiate P.O. process with Planning
- Participate weekly or as needed in Production meetings.
- Prepare markdowns for Merchant review.
- Create strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Management, Sourcing, Tech Design, Marketing, Allocation, Store Ops and Visual.
- Participate in mock floor set and floor set prep to understand the building of outfits and fixture/shop concepts
- Communicate the Best and Worst Sellers weekly to key partners.
- Present business strategies, assortment and best and worst seller to key partners as needed.
- Manage the seasonal merchandising hindsights.
- Reads and reacts to business needs with a sense of urgency
- BA/BS degree in related field strongly preferred
- 2 - 3 years of experience with an apparel retailer
- Excellent computer and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi task and complete projects on time
- Effective presentation skills
- Broad based business acumen with potential to grow to Merchant level
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.