Associate Merchandise Planner- Petites & PantsBrand: Chico's
Category: Merchandise Planning
This position is responsible for assisting the merchandise team in the development of pre-season plans and in-season performance analysis to maximize the business. This position will generate and analyze the statistical data as well as analyze and revise the financial plans in support of the business initiatives and budget objectives across Omni channels.
- Partner leader on development of pre-season & in-season plans & projections for specific categories.
- Develop assortment plans to the style/choice level by store groupings.
- Partner with store planning and allocation team to develop and utilize seasonal selling curves by region, climate, and store attribute.
- Collaborate with production team to pass orders or resolve all on order issues to make sure product arrives to stores on time.
- Provide analysis related to driving business goals (hindsight, regional selling, color selling, key item performance).
- Partner with cross functional partners to develop and execute assortment plans.
- May also develop an understanding of DCOM specific KPI's to analyze performance and make recommendations to drive sales.
- Partner with the Digital Marketing team to support product and pricing messaging for emails that aligns to inventory goals.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in finance, operations, or business
- Minimum 2 -- 3 years' experience in allocation, merchandising, demand forecasting, financial planning or analysis
- Strong systems skills with experience in SAP, Arthur, Retek, Excel and Access required
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of forecasting methodology and understanding of retail math
- Ability to makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally
Job posting is in anticipation of future open positions with Chico's FAS.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.