Associate Merchandise Planner - DCOMBrand: Soma Intimates
Category: Merchandise Planning
This position is responsible for assisting in the development of pre-season plans, analysis of current business trends, evaluating historical data, and making recommendations to drive results.
- Assist in determining unit quantities to buy and reorder (to the color and size levels), which will effectively maximize the ability of each store to generate sales and margin.
- Provide analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business
- Increase Merchandise Planning Skills.
- Provide promotional and liquidation strategy. Track results.
- Participate in Departmental Business Meetings.
- Partner with the OMNI merchant and planning teams to support and forecast the DCOM business based on analysis of sales trends and historical data.
- Partner with the OMNI Planners on managing the Monthly Business Review (MBR) process through the development of sales, markdown, receipt and inventory forecasts.
- Develop specific reports to support the business and complete ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to current or future business conditions.
- Develop an understanding of DCOM specific KPI's to analyze performance and make recommendations to drive sales.
- Partner with the Digital Marketing team to support product and pricing messaging for emails that aligns to inventory goals.
- Complete special assignments as identified.
- 4-Year College degree in Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 -- 3 years experience in Allocation, Merchandising, Demand Forecasting, Financial Planning or Analysis
- Strong systems skills with experience in Excel required
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of forecasting methodology and understanding of retail math
- Ability to makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.