Associate Manager - Sourcing (WHBM/Knits)Brand: White House Black Market
Category: Global Sourcing
This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the management of the sourcing process from the vendor selection/allocation through to product delivery. Works closely with key partners in design/development, raw materials development, and quality to facilitate the execution and delivery of production which leverages the best at capabilities of our supply base. Supports the negotiation of the obtaining the best costs without compromising the brand's quality or on-time deliveries.
- Serves as key liaison for day-to-day operations with Vendors, Design and Product Development ensuring that product commitments are placed on time per the required time and action calendars.
- Ensures all details of the product are finalized in accordance with the execution requirements
- Tracks and reports status on product progress against target milestones and provides visibility to management on adherence recommending course of action as appropriate to protect delivery needs
- Negotiates Time & Action with vendor, ensuring proper flexibility. Identifies conflicts with milestones and works with vendors to surface best possible resolutions.
- Identifies and Manages fabric and capacity reservations and liabilities. Advises the status of the consumption or resolution of outstanding liabilities to manage financial exposure
- Addresses quality issues with vendor and negotiates applicable resolution
- Review Final Audit reports on all shipments and call out where follow-up is required
- Identifies wash care, testing, production issues with cross-functional counterparts to quickly address product issues during manufacturing cycle. Reviews and assess care and content instruction and resolves issues with testing lab
- Partners in costs negotiation with vendor contacts on new product and re-negotiation on repeat programs Responsible for sourcing, cost-negotiation and production of a specific category of merchandise within their area.
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings and/or efficiencies in sourcing and works with manager to recommend alternative opportunities in cross development or cross sourcing.
- Consults with Design and/or Product Development in consideration of alternative production or sourcing options while maintaining design intent.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the sourcing organization and process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, International Business, Supply Chain or a related field
- 3+ years' experience in Sourcing within the apparel industry
- Previous experience working with overseas vendors.
- Knowledge of technical requirements related to testing of fabric, trims, and garments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, email, and production tracking software, i.e. WebPDM or FlexPLM.
- Ability to travel if needed (up to 20% of the time)
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese preferred.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.