Associate Manager - Raw Materials (Chico's/Collections)Brand: Chico's
Responsible for driving the research and development of seasonal fabric assortments for assigned area. Work closely with Fabric R & D Director to drive daily communications with mill/vendor partners to support the execution of the fabric development process.
- Support Fabric R&D Director in the analysis and evaluation of qualities in a timely manner.
- Partner with Fabric R&D Director to initiate and drive fabric adoption process.
- Regular communication/touch bases with Fabric R&D Director to review issues, challenges, and directives.
- Maintain fabric development binders in respective areas.
- Drive fabric development process and calendar in partnership with Fabric R&D Director.
- Daily updating, maintaining of the fabric development T&A and Fabric chart.
- Partner with Fabric R&D Director to develop and maintain working relationships with mills/vendors globally. Ownership for maintaining existing relationships.
- Regular communication/touch bases with Fabric Manager to review issues, challenges, and directives.
- Organization and maintenance of fabric qualities in fabric library in respective area as outlined in SOP's.
- Partner in building seasonal fabric concept boards.
- Research and stay abreast of aesthetic fabric trends and technological developments.
- Make departmental recommendations as seen necessary to support the development of the department.
- 4 Year College Degree required; Fashion or Supply Chain focus strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years in fabric research and development in the retail fashion industry.
- Very detail oriented and ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Clear understanding of general fabric development process.
- Solid fabric construction knowledge across a specialized area (i.e. woven, knit, yearn, trim) and general fabric construction understanding across wovens and knits.
- Clear understanding of dyeing, printing, and finishing techniques.
- Awareness of fabric trends, direction, and research avenues.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office programs and FlexPLM.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.