Associate Manager, Public Relations
Job Ref#: 8664
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Marketing
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
- Conduct day-to-day management and implementation of media outreach, including proactive placement/pitching, reporter cultivation, and development of alerts, news releases, and related content.
- Support development and execution of consumer-driven PR strategies.
- Maintain an always-on approach to media relations with a focus on driving consumer PR stories around product news, gift guides, and seasonal story ideas.
- Support the development and execution of corporate storytelling to generate positive media coverage and conversation.
- Maintain and update media relations collateral, traditional and digital, with an eye to the look, feel, functionality, and quality of the material.
- Consults with internal and external constituents to identify communications goals and objectives.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for leadership and campaign hindsight.
- Respond to media inquiries, assess the value of a response, and work with team to schedule interviews as appropriate.
- Assist in preparation for media interviews including development of background materials and talking points.
- Maintain and update media contacts database and track media interactions and interest.
- Conduct frequent media monitoring in traditional and trade outlets and social media, flag important articles in real-time
- Work closely with partner and vendor organizations to grow relationships and platforms.
- Help develop and execute events, partnerships and initiatives designed to drive media engagement and brand awareness.
- Support large brand partnerships with a goal of awareness and revenue.
- Coordinate the delivery and tracking of VIP boxes to media.
- Coordinate localized community donations, support charitable giving programs and brand-building projects.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team members to achieve company goals and ensures assets are executed to best practices.
- Interfaces with senior leadership to present PR reports and new ideas.
- BS Degree, Marketing, Social Marketing, PR, Communications or similar field required
- 3+ years’ experience in Public relations, social media, media, or communications
- Working knowledge of the fashion and retail industries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent multi-tasker with a proven time management/prioritization track record
- Confidentiality and the ability to manage sensitive information is a priority in this role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concordant tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.