Associate Designer (Chico's)
Job Ref#: 7975
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Designer
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This positionis responsible for creating and developing product for assigned category or categories from start to finish, as well as support the design team to execute the seasonal concept direction, line plan style development, adhering to margin requirements, and timely completion of product.
- Supports design team in creating the productcollections at the beginning of each season. Creates new silhouettes forcategories within the collections.
- Prepares development creative packages underdirection of the senior designer and/or designer.
- Supports in managing multiple seasons atdifferent stages of development, while understanding the developmentcalendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Creates assortment relevant to brandpositioning.
- Prepares design tech packs.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate designto/for the customer.
- Prepares for seasonal product review meetings.
- Shops monthly to compile market research to gain understanding of brand and stays abreast of trends both directionaland at a retail level, including, but not limited to brick & mortarand online research.
- May attend development fit sessions.
- May create artwork for embellishments, plaidand stripes, and mock up projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; 4 year college degree in Design
3+ years' in the apparel design industry, preferably contemporary market
Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external partners
Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trim
Excellent silhouette and trend forecasting ability
Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
Affinity for working in a team environment
Computerproficient in Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
InDesign and Micrographxexperience preferred
Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
The ability to create or visualize an idea andproduce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.