Join our chic team, dedicated to a styling and social experience that inspires women to express their individuality.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in promoting a customer and product-focused sales culture, where our values and guiding principles are at the forefront of all store operations, including managing sales operations, asset protection, and human resources functions to ensure great customer experience and maximum profitability. We love what we do, and believe that with our teams, we are the most amazing place to work, learn, and grow!
Sales and Customer Satisfaction
- Demonstrates Company values and guiding principles with both customers and Associates.
- Responsible for meeting personal and store sales goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Ensures Most Amazing Personal Service is the top priority at all times, consistently setting an enthusiastic example in closing the sale. Adheres to customer satisfaction policies and procedures.
- Projects a professional, fashionable image and appearance at all times.
- Knowledgeable of products and assortments (i.e., fit and fabric). Communicates this information to customers and Associates effectively.
- Positively communicates individual Associate and overall store level KPIs, promotions, and incentives to store staff.
- Provides regular performance feedback to Associates. Coaches, trains and develops Associates to meet and exceed Company Standards.
- Capable of performing on the sales floor, making and closing sales. Builds clientele through booked appointments. Ensures sales are maximized and returns are seen as an opportunity for additional sales. Builds clientele through booked appointments.
- Maintains the Recognition Board.
- Possesses a clear understanding and achievement of Company sponsored community outreach goals.
Cash / Inventory Management
- Processes all register/point of sale (POS) transactions accurately and in accordance with Company policies.
- Performs all financial activities efficiently and in accordance with Company standards, including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling.
- Assists the Store Manager in the preparation and execution of physical inventories, ensuring all guiding principles are followed accurately.
- Monitors open receipts and follows up as needed.
- Ensures the cash wrap is organized and efficiently operating at all times.
- Ensures timely entry of receiving documents.
General Store Operations
- Maintains safety requirements to ensure safe working and shopping environments.
- Maintains supplies at a consistent and appropriate level while controlling expenses.
- Manages controllable expenses within Company guidelines (i.e., payroll, pay outs, etc.)
- Flexible/available in the event of scheduling conflicts or store, mall, Associate and customer emergencies
- Reports maintenance issues to the Store Manager.
- Ensures retrieval/receipt of NSSC communications via BOSS system, email, store mail pack, and voice mail. Follows-up accordingly.
- Utilizes the materials and is able to perform all functions within the Store Operations, Human Resources, Asset Protection Reference Manuals and Policy/Procedure Manual.
- Ensures tub flow files, binders, and documents are maintained per Operations Reference Manual.
- Performs housekeeping activities and ensures he back room and bathroom are maintained and clean.
- Reviews the Company Handbook, taking necessary action to comply with Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensures all incoming and outgoing shipments are processed. Uses visual merchandising standards to place shipments.
- Ensures stock is processed as necessary to ensure a full presentation of goods on the floor at all times.
- Maintains regular and timely communication with the Store Manager. Prepares weekly and monthly communications reports for recap with the Store Manager.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Store Manager,
District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager.
- Protects the store’s funds, property, and fellow Associates’ property by conforming to and enforcing all loss prevention guiding principles, policies, procedures and controls.
- Assists in training Store Associates on loss prevention guiding principles.
- Communicates all loss prevention related concerns or incidents to the Store Manager and/or District Sales Manager.
- Ensures guiding principles for Associate transactions are followed.
- Controls and processes all damaged merchandise as requested by the Store Manager
- Practices effective pre-employment screening according to Company guidelines
Visual Presentation / Store Maintenance
- Maintains a well organized, clean and neat store appearance through appropriate housekeeping activities, including backroom / bathroom maintenance and organization
- Conducts and updates floor sets in accordance with the visual standards
- Participates in a minimum of one merchandising walk through per week with the Store Manager
- Assists in the maintenance of the visual impact of the entire store
- Ensures merchandise is properly placed and replenished
- Processes incoming and outgoing shipment as per Company policy and visual merchandising standards
- Processes stock as necessary to ensure a full representation of goods on the floor at all times.
- Is directly responsible for the jewelry and / or other non-apparel classifications as instructed by the Store Manager.
Human Resources Management and Training
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, recruits, trains, develops, motivates, supervises, and counsels Store Associates.
- Reviews Associate time sheets/records and other payroll documentation to verify completeness, legibility, and accuracy of hours worked and payroll used; ensures payroll is entered timely and correct manner.
- Possesses effective leadership skills and portrays a positive team attitude.
- Prepares and participates in store meetings.
- Communicates any Associate concerns / issues to the Store Manager as needed.
- Ensures all Associates receive, understand, and practice Brand and proper POS standards
- Consistently reinforces training through role-plays
- Encourages and coaches the Store Associates in developing their retail skills
- Ensures compliance with the Company Handbook guidelines, policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certification.
- Prior retail or sales management experience. Specialty, fashion store experience preferred.
- Possesses excellent communication, verbal, and written skills.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills with a proven track record in all areas of sales.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Established track record in recruiting and retaining a quality sales and support staff.
- Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
- Understands how to operate registers/POS devices.
- Able to learn or adapt to technology provided by the Company
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., climb, reach, and/or push or pull as required to meet responsibilities.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule as required, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Can meet requirements for regular on-the-job attendance to ensure appropriate management coverage. The Assistant Store Manager must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts.
- Certification by the Ontario Ministry of Labour on part 1 and 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Work-Specific Hazard Training preferred.
- Valid Canadian passport and eligible for travel into U.S. preferred.
Due to our growth, we are always accepting applications for top talent to join our store teams. When we do have an open position, we will review your application to determine if your qualifications are a match with our position requirements. You may apply to any location or position at any time; however, the position to which you apply may not currently be open. Accommodation is available to applicants for employment with disabilities. To request accommodation during the application process, please contact the store manager for assistance.
1801 Square One Shopping Centre
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.