Assistant Merchant (White House Black Market)
Job Ref#: 7982
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position provides overall support to the Merchant team in creating an exciting product assortment that meets or exceeds sales volume and profit for their area. Intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends, and work with Merchant to develop action plans that drive growth and increased profitability.
- Partners with Merchant on developing a competitive merchandise assortment that is customer focused.
- Partners with Production and Allocation team to manage delivery flow and address issues as they arise.
- Creates strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Product Development, Planning, Marketing, and Allocation and Visual
- Manages all order entry and product attributing based on approved buy plan. Will initiate P.O. revisions when applicable.
- Manages organization of samples. Create tracking and maintain samples by season, classification, and delivery.
- Ensures ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment and any updates as needed.
- Travels to stores to connect with our customer.
- Reads and reacts to business needs with a sense of urgency.
- Perform Ad-Hoc reporting to aid in merchandising and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft- Excel proficient
- Basic knowledge of retail math
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects on time
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.