Assistant MerchantBrand: Chico's
Provide overall support to the Merchant team in creating an exciting product assortment that meets or exceeds sales volume and profit for their area. Intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends, and work with Merchant to develop action plans that drive growth and increased profitability.
- Partner with Merchant on developing a competitive merchandise assortment that is customer focused
- Partner with Production and Allocation team to manage delivery flow and address issues as they arise.
- Create strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Product Development, Planning, Marketing, and Allocation and Visual
- Manage all order entry
- Sample Management
- Prepare MD's for merchant review
- Manage Purchase Order process (entry, handoff, and track with purchasing) for OTB
- Create P.O. worksheets based on approved buy plan; includes initiating P.O. revisions when applicable
- Develop relationship with customer to ensure merchandising/products reflect what Carolyn wants to buy
- An ability to prioritize tasks to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business
- Zero to two years of retail experience with an apparel retailer preferred, but not necessary
- College Degree required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Potential to grow to Associate Merchant level.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.