Assistant MerchantBrand: White House Black Market
Provide overall support to the Merchant team in creating an exciting product assortment that meets or exceeds sales volume and profit for their area. Intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends, and work with Merchant to develop action plans that drive growth and increased profitability.
- Partner with Production and Allocation team to manage delivery flow and address issues as they arise.
- Travel to local stores to connect with our customer.
- Participate with peers and leadership in research and discussion regarding competitive and aspirational landscape as well as applicable trends.
- Create strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Product Development, Design, Tech Design, Allocation and Visual.
- Partner with Merchant on order entry.
- Lead the Sample Management.
- Execution of Purchase Order process inclusive of entry and hand-off only.
- Create P.O. worksheets based on approved buy plan. Manage and communicate all Purchase Order revisions to CFTS.
- Partner with Merchant to communicate to CFTS weekly best and worst sellers.
- Reads and reacts to business needs with a sense of urgency
- College Degree required
- 1 to 2 years of retail experience with an apparel retailer preferred, but not necessary
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Potential to grow to Associate Merchant level.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.