Assistant Manager - SourcingBrand: White House Black Market
Category: Global Sourcing
Estimated Start Date: End of September
This position is primarily responsible for assisting and supporting all functions within the Sourcing department including, but not limited to, the tracking and follow up of all sourcing related matters.
- Maintains ongoing and regular communication with vendor contacts including resolution of delivery issues with vendor base.
- Obtains accurate factory profiles from the vendors and partners with Corporate Compliance to ensure vendor files are current.
- Maintains weekly vendor Time & Action information in Sourcing WIP tracking and; alerts team on milestones and deadlines.
- Reviews delivery and production issues/options with the merchants/designers as they arise.
- Monitors shipment receipts through logistics and review Final Audit reports on all shipments; ensures Purchase Orders are issued and updated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tracks and submits requests for all photo, web, and public relations samples.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/International Business or related field preferred.
- 1+ years in a production/sourcing environment within the apparel industry.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, email, and production tracking software, i.e. WebPDM or FlexPLM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for apparel business and ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Ability to travel if needed (up to 10% of the time).
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.