Assistant Designer - SweatersBrand: Chico's
Category: Fashion Designer
This position is responsible for assisting the design team with the daily responsibilities as well as with the creative process to create and develop a unique product that is brand appropriate while being modern and fashion forward.
- Assists with all sketching and creation of the tech packages and helps update & maintain the information in the tech packs.
- Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
- Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- Shops monthly to compile market research to gain understanding of brand and stays abreast of trends both directional and a retail level.
- May attend development fit sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 year college degree in Design
- Strong sketching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
- Strong sense and passion for details that will make the brand and product unique
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
- InDesign and Micrographx experience preferred
- 1+ years' experience in the apparel design industry and contemporary market a plus
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.