Assistant Designer - SomawearBrand: Soma Intimates
Category: Fashion Design
Assist the Design team to create and develop a unique product that is brand appropriate while being modern and fashion forward. Balances core and trend items and is enhanced through the details which will help set the product apart from other brands. The Assistant Designer will be a part of a highly creative and energetic team that plays an integral role in the Soma organization.
- Assists with the creation of the SRF Packages and help update & maintain the information in the SRF after 'Styleout'.
- Creates and update monthly 'line charts'.
- Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while driving the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
- Meets with Creative Team on monthly concepts to help create and implement direction and mood for the company.
- Stays abreast of trends both directional and a retail level.
- Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- Partners with Product Managers to communicate on a regular basis with vendors on development of product throughout design process (+ video conference at outset of new SRF Packages).
- Partners with Merchants throughout the development process and know sales of categories and apply them to future seasons.
- 4-Year College Degree required
- 1-3 years' experience in the apparel design industry (internships OK); intimates experience preferred
- Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense and passion for details that will make the brand and product unique
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office & Illustrator/Photoshop, FlexPLM experience desired
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.