Art DirectorBrand: Chico's
Category: Fashion Marketing
The Art Director will assist the Creative Director to develop and execute creative for all branding initiatives across all marketing channels. The Art Director will support the marketing objectives of the brand by following through with the creative idea and production of marketing projects based on established schedules. The Art Director will be instrumental in setting and implementing branding guidelines that support the marketing objectives of Chico's in addition to building and maintaining brand integrity through consistent art direction by working with graphic design and copy team. He/she will be responsible for conceptualizing innovative brand concepts, executing still and video assets that will appear in all customer channels.
- Creates and concepts omni brand creative marketing in partnership with the Creative Director based on knowledge of the brand aesthetic.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in fashion and how they translate to our customer.
- Demonstrate and execute brand aesthetic through typography and layout.
- Support and produce seasonal campaigns for omni channel to include still and video images.
- Support and lead photo shoots in partnership with Creative Director and cross functional partners when applicable.
- Edit images for cross channel alignment and prepares presentations.
- Direct and supervise retouching in partnership with Creative Director.
- Partner with the copy and graphic design team to develop omni channel product and brand stories.
- Align with cross-functional partners to review assets and brand initiatives.
- Develop concepts to align with overall brand strategy and marketing calendar.
- Adhere to demands of production schedule. Be aware of release schedule and devote time necessary to meet deadlines.
- Partner with project managers to ensure execution of projects meet established schedules.
- BA/BS degree in a Graphic or Fine Arts field from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of Art Direction experience, fashion apparel a must
- Experience in directing photo-shoots and an excellent eye for color management
- Knowledge of current on figure and still life photographers
- Knowledge of responsive design best practices and proficiency in Bootstrap and WordPress strongly preferred
- Omni channel marketing and experience within print and digital preferred
- Knowledge of responsive design best practices a plus
- Ability to travel to photoshoots
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and fluency in the following programs on Mac: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of HTML + CSS principles
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.