Art Director - Chico'sBrand: Chico's
Category: Fashion Marketing
This position will collaborate with Creative leaders in the development of engaging collateral and content that tells a brand and product story that elicits an emotional response from our current and future customers. This position will work closely with the product design, merchandising, visual, brand styling, merchandise coordination, PR and marketing partners to develop creative that supports the brands business objectives. This position will be instrumental in building and maintaining brand creative integrity through all Omni channels.
- Manages the creative process from concept to completion for assigned seasonal campaign. Works closely with Creative leader to develop concepts, align on shoot execution and asset management that adhere to established brand standards.
- May lead, develop and executes photography and video assets that that meets brand objectives and maintains brand integrity in all channels.
- May plan and direct photo shoots, including pre and post-production. Including but not limited to: partnering with producer to identify talent and vendors.
- May develop graphics and layouts for all marketing channels and collateral.
- In partnership with Creative leader translates marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Partners with marketing services team to oversee retouching for all channels
- Partners with copy team to ensure copy and art are aligned to deliver product and brand stories.
- Ensures brands individuality and standards in all marketing channels.
- Leverage customer data to drive decisions in partnership with customer analytics and marketing.
- Adheres to the production schedule, PLC timelines and deliverables while helping to manage team's priorities and time.
- Collaborates with Creative Team on presentations.
- Stays current on fashion, style, design, popular culture and social trends in the competitive landscape.
- Shares best practices with design team members to foster outstanding design skills, and creative best practices.
- May manage graphic designer(s) or junior member(s) of the creative team.
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in a Graphic or Fine Arts field
- 5+ years of Art Direction experience, Fashion and Style experience
- Vertical retail Omni experience a plus
- Portfolio of highly creative work.
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of responsive design best practices preferred
- Experience in directing still photography and video shoots from concept to execution; both in studio & on location
- Knowledge of current on figure and still life photographers
- Strong presentation and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- An ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Experience in working within established budgets and tight deadlines
- An excellent sense of style, design, trend
- Positive team player with ability to collaborate with multi levels
- Attuned to fashion and industry talent
- Must be willing to travel and may work long shoot hours
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.