Art Director (Chico's)
Job Ref#: 7578
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Designer
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy,
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
This position will collaborate with Creative leaders in the development of engaging collateral and content that tells a brand and product story that elicits an emotional response from our current and future customers. This position will work closely with the product design, merchandising, visual, brand styling, merchandise coordination, social marketing partners to develops creative that supports the brands business objectives. This position will be instrumental in building and maintaining brand creative integrity through all Omni channels.
- Manages the creative process from concept to completion for assigned seasonal campaign. Works closely with Creative leader to develop concepts, align on shoot execution and asset management that adhere to established brand standards.
- Leads, develops and executes photography and video assets that that meets brand objectives and maintains brand integrity in all channels.
- May plan and direct photo shoots, including pre and post-production. Including but not limited to: partnering with producer to identify talent and vendors.
- May develop graphics and layouts for all marketing channels and collateral.
- In partnership with Creative leader translates marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Collaborates with marketing team, channel owners, brand stylist and brand counterparts to achieve business and customer strategy objectives
- Applies customer-centered design principles to the creative decision-making process.
- Partners with copy team to ensure copy and art are aligned to deliver product and brand stories.
- Understands and works within existing and evolving brand guidelines to extend the brand aesthetic to the all channels
- Leverage customer data to drive decisions in partnership with customer analytics and marketing.
- Adheres to the production schedule, PLC timelines and deliverables while helping to manage team’s priorities and time.
- Effectively presents creative concepts, communicate creative strategy to internal and crossfunctional partners
- Stays current on fashion, style, design, popular culture and social trends in the competitive landscape.
- Partners with and shares best practices with graphic design team members to foster outstanding design skills, and creative best practices, interpreting the creative direction for each season.
- May manage graphic designer(s) or junior member(s) of the creative team. Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in a Graphic or Fine Arts field
- 5+ years of Art Direction experience
- 3+ years in a creative management role
- 5+ years of design experience, including print and digital
- Fashion, Vertical retail, Luxury, Lifestyle and/or Beauty industry Omni experience strongly preferred
- A strong portfolio of highly creative work, clean design, and compelling visual storytelling across multiple channels, including print and digital commerce.
- Mac proficiency including Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office required. Experience with Sketch, knowledge of CSS and digital design systems a plus.
- Knowledge of digital responsive design best practices preferred
- Experience in directing still photography and video shoots from concept to execution; both in studio & on location
- Excellent presentation, communication, organizational agility, problem solving skills, and thorough attention to detail
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience in managing multiple complex creative projects with a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Experience in working within established budgets and tight deadlines
- An excellent sense of style, design, trend with relevancy to the customer top-of-mind
- Strong relationship-building skills, the ability to coach other designers and a track record of successfully working collaboratively across teams
- A deep understanding of the creative landscape and attuned to fashion and industry talent.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% and may work long shoot hours.
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.