Analyst, Quality AssuranceBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: IT and Developer
This position will be responsible for working closely with the other members of the development team and business owners to create and execute test plans and scenarios to ensure the quality of software products. Will be expected to lead small and medium size testing projects, and be able to apply quality assurance skills in various systems and applications, including website and POS testing. Flexibility is key in this role, as is an ability to convert requirements to test strategies and test scenarios. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying, reporting, and troubleshooting defects; gathering metrics, and verifying defect fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
- Works closely with the Development team to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed.
- Tests a range of projects from enhancements to strategic initiatives
- Writes & executes test plans and scripts, documentation of test procedures and issues.
- Utilizes defect management and test tracking tools for defect logging and creation of reporting and statistics throughout the testing lifecycle
- Partnership with IT leads in working through issues/defects & resolution
- Overall testing completion metrics & analysis, as well as status read-outs to upper management
- Partners with cross-functional leads responsible for UAT -- providing them with test schedules, test data, direction, and detailed test scripts in accordance with the Enterprise Release Schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 4+ years' experience in software quality assurance
- Must have independently created complete test strategies, test scenarios, and defect reports
- Demonstrated understanding of risk-based testing and experience in its implementation
- Experience mentoring and training others in world class testing practices
- Experience developing and coordinating testing efforts and project testing strategies
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies -- ATG, SAP, JDA, POS and SAS
- Experience analyzing and dissecting system requirements to create and execute tests cases
- Intermediate experience with software development processes.
- Software quality assurance certifications preferred
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
- Performance and Load testing experience a plus
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and react to situations as they arise in the appropriate manner.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and reliable.
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support.
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.