Reporting Analyst, SAP BOBJBrand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: IT and Developer
This position is one of strategic importance that will significantly contribute to the continued improvement of all systems, processes and practices within the respective area.
This position participates in a wide array of both short-term and long-term challenges/initiatives; work both on teams and independently; works on multiple requests simultaneously for more than one functional area and at a high level of quality and efficiency; and quickly becomes knowledgeable about the detail workings and requirements of assigned functional areas & initiatives.
This is a systems/functional/analytical role requiring a solid proven track record in communication skills -- both verbal and written. This is not an application development position. However, it is responsible for helping in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process up to and including post implementation support.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Possesses strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Proactively obtains, updates, and maintains functional requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Partners with Business users, partner consulting resources, and IT teams to advance their personal knowledge.
- Develops detailed project plan(s) related to assigned initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day project management expertise for one or more projects.
- Manages delivery of critical path items from related subject matter experts or business owners and understands the components of running fiscally successful projects with On Time/In Scope/On Budget delivery.
- Provides appropriate feedback to the project owner and/or takes appropriate action for course-correction on methodology.
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by this position.
- Provides advice and recommendations on emerging IT trends.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Drives and challenges functional areas on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
- BS/BA Degree in Technology related discipline and/or comparable experience
- 3-5 years in project management
- PMI certification/s
- 3-5 years' experience in IT governance and IT methodologies
- 3-5 years' experience in Retail
- Proven track record in all aspects of SDLC
- Experience in data analysis/modeling with SSIS, SSRS packages.
- Experience in creating reports using BOBJ suite will be added advantage.
- Experience working with Data Lakes preferred
- Experience in writing technical documentation that may be required by any component of the SDLC process such as systems or modification specifications, projects schedules, testing plans and scripts, production turnover documentation and user documentation
- Experience in an organization transformation and/or change implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to senior leadership in times of organizational change
- Demonstrated effective teamwork and organizational skills, strong structure and procedures principles
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects of varying complexity
- Strong use of query language program and/or a background in programming is helpful
- Must possess solid PC skills/Microsoft Office Products
- Effective communication skills, problem management, customer service, and the ability to interact with colleagues
- Demonstrates solid understanding of system design including work process flows, database structures, data integrity, and consistency
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.