Allocator IIBrand: Chico's
This position is responsible for merchandise allocation for assigned channel. Duties include sizing initial purchase orders, initial purchase order allocation, replenishment of warehouse back stock, and partnering with merchants and planners to assure the proper merchandise assortment for stores with the optimal inventory levels.
- Allocate all initial purchase orders prior to orders arriving at distribution center as well as bi-weekly replenishment; via applicable software program
- Utilize sizing hindsight's pre-season to identify opportunities; analyze results and use data to determine optimal stock and sizing for future
- Review in season sizing weekly by style to identify allocation opportunities and to inform team of potential opportunities as well as in stock risks and take action on future orders where applicable
- Analyze business on an ad hoc basis to identify business driving opportunities and communicate findings with team
- Monitor and track inbound purchase orders. Work with Logistics, Distribution Center and Merchants to strategically manage inbound freight to mitigate risks
- Review inventory levels by department/class/store weekly; develop strategies to optimize inventory with new receipts and replenishment
- Lead Allocation Strategy meeting, attend floorset open house to understand style placement on floor. Use assortment architecture to make recommendations based on current trends.
- Communicate and partner with Planning, Merchants, Store Planning, Sourcing, Distribution Center/Logistics and Visual to maximize sales and profits
- Develop and execute new store inventory allocation plans; to ensure new stores open with correct inventory levels and merchandise mix
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or other related field; or equivalent professional experience with an apparel specialty retailer
- 3+ years' experience as an Allocator in an apparel specialty retailer, or in a financial or store planning analyst role.
- Strong background in data analysis and retail allocation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities at a moment's notice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel; Access or query database experience a plus. Demonstrated ability to create Excel-based reports and templates.
- JDA and/or SAP experience a plus
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.