Allocator IBrand: Chico's
As part of a cross functional team, this position is responsible for merchandise allocation for assigned categories. Duties include initial sizing of purchase orders, purchase order allocation, Bi-weekly replenishment, and cross-functional partnership to ensure the proper merchandise assortment for stores and online. While this entry point role will be active in managing inventory for a specified department, this is a learning role.
- In tandem with direct leader, develop Allocation strategies, by floorset aimed at maximizing sales and minimizing markdowns.
- Execute Allocation strategy with initial and flow purchase orders being thoughtfully worked prior to arrival at Distribution Center.
- Manage replenishment of current styles to boost inventory productivity by channel.
- Owns analysis to size level, identify and action future opportunities while sizing all purchase orders for department.
- Monitor and track inbound purchase orders, working with Logistics, Merchants and Planners to strategically mitigate risks to business.
- Review and analyze weekly business results, interpreting results, identifying solutions and communicating action points to cross functional team.
- Undertake new store allocations by analyzing sister store to determine depth needs for department, considering available merchandise, promotional activity and floorset placement to drive strategy.
- Communicate and partner with Merchant, Planner, Sourcing, Store Planner and Logistics as needed to drive business.
- Participate in Product Life Cycle meetings, contributing the Allocation perspective and data analysis designed to drive impactful business results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or other related field preferred
- 1--3 years' professional experience in corporate retail; experience with an apparel specialty retailer a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities
- Strong PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel
- JDA and/or SAP experience a plus
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.