Allocator IBrand: Chico's
This position is responsible for merchandise allocation to assigned channel. Duties include initial purchase order allocation, maintenance of Distribution Center back stock, and partnering with Merchants and Planners to assure the proper merchandise assortment for stores.
- Execute store rankings per the direction of the Store Planning Team.
- Allocate quantities to stores, which will effectively maximize the ability of each store to generate sales and margin and maintain the appropriate stock to sales ratio.
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that buy quantities and stock levels meet current sales trends.
- Ensure the stores are kept in stock with respect to their ability to sell merchandise.
- Develop a working knowledge of the "average store" concept and apply it to the allocation of merchandise; monitor the business at the store level.
- Develop a working knowledge of "store attributes" and use the information as guide for the allocation of merchandise.
- Manage the basic stock replenishment programs.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the following to ensure that buy quantities and stock levels meet current sales trends:
- o Store rankings and indices
- o Stock replenishment items and quantities by store
- o Sizing by store
- Analyze size selling by store; recommend size buys.
- Partner with the Planners and Merchants.
- Develop specific reports to support the business and complete ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to current or future business conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or other related field
- 0-3 years' professional experience with an apparel specialty retailer
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities at a moment's notice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities
- Strong PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel
- JDA and/or SAP experience a plus
How do we do it? It's all about you. Honestly. Every time we pick up a pencil to sketch a new design, we think about you: where you're going, what you're doing, what will flatter your body and make you feel fabulous.Even as Chico's has grown, our values—beautiful apparel, exceptional service and deep appreciation for our customers—still remain at the heart of who we are today.