Administrator - Intellectual Property & Corporate Legal
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position provides Administrator level support to the Legal Department; focusing on intellectual property (IP) and marketing. This role also assists with corporate governance matters, general contracts and assists with various routine legal matters.
- Confers with In-house and outside counsel, liaises with business teams and coordinates activities, about the company's intellectual property portfolio.
- IP Litigation/dispute resolution case management including: gathering discovery/e-discovery responses, gathering evidence, reviewing briefs, preparing affidavits, etc.
- Advises the brands concerning intellectual property matters.
- Maintains intellectual property case files, docketing database and docketing records for global intellectual property portfolio.
- Conducts and summarizes internal research and external research on various legal matters as needed.
- Advises the enterprise on issues of legal and regulatory compliance.
- Investigates claims and gathers evidence; prepares responses as appropriate.
- Drafts, reviews and/or revises documents, including but not limited to: reports, contracts, nondisclosure agreements, and corporate governance documents.
- Reviews routine marketing and social media materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years' experience
- Working knowledge of intellectual property docketing, filing, enforcement, dispute resolution & document retention processes (domestic and foreign, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, music licensing, modeling rights, design rights, domain name and similar, anti-counterfeiting and grey market)
- Working knowledge of regulations governing intellectual property, truth in advertising/marketing/sweepstakes/contests and related areas of law
- Strong drafting, redlining and document preparation skills with a focus on typical intellectual property matter documentation (declarations of use, inventor assignments, evidentiary affidavits, limited powers of attorney, legalization/Apostilles, coexistence agreements, letters of consent, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strategic thinker; meticulous attention to detail; strong time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and projects supporting multiple areas.
- Demonstrate "can do" attitude and self-awareness; self-motivated team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite & Google suite
- Proficiency with CBI software and other legal administration databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree &/or paralegal certification preferred;
- 5+ years relevant paralegal experience in corporate environment preferred
- Working knowledge of fashion law or retail corporate environment preferred
- Familiarity with corporate governance tasks preferred
Legal Jobs in Corporate at Chico's
In Legal roles, you can grow your career in a variety of ways at Chico's FAS, Inc. Because we have three brands and hundreds of boutiques across the U.S. and Canada, we are able to leverage talent across the enterprise and throughout North America.
From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, Chico's has corporate Jobs in Corporate for talented professionals to join our team of retail associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Legal Jobs in Corporate at Chico's can include:
Legal Assistant - Team members in this legal position, under the general guidance of an attorney, support the implementation and oversight of the company’s legal entity governance framework
With hundreds of boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. Apply online today for Legal Jobs in Corporate at Chico's.
At Chico's, there is no such thing as a typical career path, and we encourage everyone in a Legal role to take advantage of the many opportunities that exist. Apply online today for Legal Jobs in Corporate at Chico's.